18.1.10

nice to meet you, blogspot

why am i starting a blog? is my life interesting enough to 'blog' about? will anybody follow it? well, let me tell you why ...

i recently met a fantastic group of 'lifestyle bloggers' (i ii iii) who share the highlights of their lives as often as possible with the blogging world.

i run my own blog in reference to the beginnings of my humble photography business, but felt that it might be fun to have something more personal to update and fill people in on - as i am sure anybody looking for a wedding photographer wouldn't give two cares as to what i did last saturday night.

...

this blog is going to be a journal of my new born life in film.

a number of months ago i became quite interested in film photography but was completely unsure of how to use a film camera and interested in how it might turn out. so i asked my lovely parents if they had a film camera kicking around. like most parents over the age of 40, they did. a Pentax K1000 from the early 80's. probably the most common type of Pentax film camera, but it would do!

shortly after scoring this wonderful device and taking 6 shots, my life got insanely busy and i found no time to shoot nor learn about it further. that was until now. currently i have 3 rolls of film getting developed (including my first roll EVER!) so i'm pretty excited about the outcome.

i absolutely LOVE the look of film photography. the saturation, the contrasts, the textures, the inconsistencies, the blurring. all of it. most of all, i enjoy the patience required to compose the shot the way you want it. i'm very new to it all, but i am definitely looking forward to the learning curve!

truthfully, this is really all a plan to get me to use film more often when i'm out and about. i want to try ALL sorts of cameras, formats and techniques. i am quite pumped about this!

so here is my attempt at entering the infamous World of Blogging!

wish me luck!

2 comments:

janis said...

you are going to have some good pictures to post from those three rolls! (and possibly very humorous if a toe or finger make it into a post! ha!)

i'm excited to see where this blog takes you a.m.! hopefully holga will start cooperating so that mr. pentax + ms. holga can start a friendly rivlary (competition! yesssss!)

_ said...

mike, you have a blog!
i may just have to add you to my 'locals' section...
s.